Sunday, April 6, 2014

Unplugged

You've caused a power outage in my heart, and it's creeping into my soul.  I know you're upset.  You keep telling me it's too cold and dark in here.  You say my heart is cold and my soul is growing to be a darker and darker shade of black.

Please help me find a new light.  I've been looking just like you told me to, but it's hard.  It's hard to find light when I'm blindfolded and tied to this place. 

So, I hope you understand why I've given up.  

I'm sorry for giving up.  I'm sorry for not telling you.  I'm sorry that you found out.  I'm sorry you feel distanced.  I'm sorry you feel lied to.  I'm so sorry.  I take complete responsibility for that part.



I just hope you remember what started all of this.  
I hope you remember that you pulled the plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment