Thursday, February 27, 2014

Brick Dust

I remember that day you told me you had torn down your brick wall. And immediately I felt everything crashing in.  My mountains were crumbling on top of us both, and it was your fault.  And I started getting dizzy.  Maybe from what I was breathing in.
Your dust.  Your debris.
And I was laughing, too much.  Laughing so I wouldn't cry.  But, once the dust had cleared you saw that I had started to cry.  Crying from that dumb brick dust you left in my eye.

Are you crying?
No, there's just something in my eye.
Oh, ok.

Really, there's just something in my eye...  Too bad you didn't realized it was your dust.  Your dumb brick dust.  It must have been too dusty for you to realize you ruined my mountains.  All you cared about was your brick wall.  And that dumb brick dust.

5 comments:

  1. Walls, and brick dust. It made so much sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so so so so so beautiful and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brick dust. Absolutely brilliant. You put so much into the amount of words you use and do it really well.

    ReplyDelete