Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19th

I'm sorry for the last memory I have of you.  I'm sorry that it was me screaming at you.  

It's February 19th, and all I can think about is you.


Piggy back rides were the best.  You had gages in your ears.  They were the perfect size that I could look through them when you carried me around.  That was my favorite part.


Pretty, pretty princess.  I'm sure we played that game a lot.  And I'm sure once would have been too many times.  But, you played anyways.


Adventures.  You always took us on adventures. 

All I want right now is to see a picture of you.  But, I can't seem to find one.  There's not even a picture on your obituary.  I checked.  And, I keep looking at it thinking something will appear.  That hasn't happened yet.  But, I found something else.


February 19th.


That's the day you died.  No wonder you've been on my mind.  Thanks for the memories.

xoxo--Charlie L. Rose

2 comments:

  1. After just losing someone this post cuts the heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even believe how amazing this post is. Like I'm in awe. The honesty behind it is heartbreaking and i just love it..

    ReplyDelete