Sunday, May 11, 2014

i remember you

I remember how you missed my birthday every year.  I remember the crayons you sent me in the mail, and I remember how they were a melted mess by the time I got them. I remember forts and tents in the basement.  I remember playing hide and seek and Tony got stuck under my bed.  


I remember Hilary Duff.  I remember catching lizards.  I remember ants and the magnifying glass.  I remember hockey in the cul-de-sac.


I remember when crying was because I scraped my knee, not because I scraped my heart.  I remember visiting you in the hospital on your birthday.  I remember hearing you say that you were proud of me.  I remember hating all of your girlfriends.  I remember when you made a cake that tasted like soap.  


I remember when we would get along.  I remember you.

3 comments:

  1. Some lines in there. Yesss. They just gave me the chills, and then made me laugh, and then made me sad. That means it was super good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I remember when crying was because I scraped my knee, not because I scraped my heart. " YES. also that first part broke my heart. This is my favorite memories post Ive read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I remember when we would get along. I remember you." I got the chills. Seriously. I have someone like this...

    ReplyDelete